Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Mostly gravel roads with some 'cross-style goodies thrown in to keep things interesting, the race will start and finish at Mulberry Gap in Ellijay, GA. The CX course will be completely on Mulberry Gap's 15 acre property with the gravel road section taking you out onto the National Forest roads.
WHAT IS THE COURSE LIKE?
Hard. There will be climbing, descending, a couple run-ups, and "natural barriers". Do not underestimate the difficulty of this event. The weather, if nasty, can add another element of difficulty. The course will be around 50-ish miles with the largest percentage of it on gravel roads.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY RACE ENTRY?
T-shirt, a killer race, free beer, hot showers, and a post-race HOMEMADE ALL YOU CAN EAT CHILI meal (vegetarians will be accommodated).HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Entry fees are $60 per person.
WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES?
Open Women, Open Men, Singlespeed, Fixed Gear
WHAT DO I WIN?
First place in each category will win equal cash monies and prizes. 2nd and 3rd place will win prizes.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
There is a limit of 50 racers for the 2009 event. Don't delay, register here.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
- Nov. 22, 23: Tallahassee
- Dec. 6: Orlando
- Dec. 7: Clermont
- Dec. 14: Dade City
- Jan. 4: Miami (Oleta Park)
- Jan. 10: Lakeland
- Jan. 17: West Palm (Dyer Park)
- Jan. 18: Hobe Sound (Jonathan Dickinson Park) Florida Cyclocross State Championship Event
Monday, October 27, 2008
I've received word from Dade City race promoter Dan Millstead that The Belgian Pearl should be on hand with their authentic Belgian-style waffles. The one above is what I sampled at the Bicycle Bash and all I can say is "Wow!" You guys are really going to love these.
Dan says the course looks great and will even roll through one of the barns on the ranch!
All photos courtesy of Dominik Fuhrmann & Hank Campbell
I will be doing much suffering at the mercy of this beast come November 7.
- Last of the LeMond Poprads
- Orbea carbon fork
- Deda bar/stem
- Salsa Shaft post
- 2x9 105 drivetrain
- 46/36 front rings on SRAM Rival crank
- Avid Shorty's
- Race: Super secret bling wheels (coming soon) with Vittoria XG tubular front and XN tubular (new 290 tpi) rear.
- Training/Backup: Ksyrium Elites with Michelin Mud 2 front and Maxxis Larsen rear. (Clincher)
- Mud: Same Kysriums with green Michelin Mud's front and rear. Oh yeah!
- Singletrack/Monstercross: Deore front hub to Mavic rim with 29x1.9 IRC tire, 105 rear hub to Mavic rim with old Bontrager wire bead cross tire.
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
- Nov 9: Clermont
- Nov 22, Nov 23: Tallahassee
- Dec 7: Orlando
- Dec 14: Dade City
- Jan 4: Miami (Oleta Park)
- Jan 10: Lakeland
- Jan 17: West Palm (Dyer Park)
- Jan 18: Hobe Sound (Jonathan Dickinson Park) Florida Cyclocross State Championship Event